Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doodling

Just a random post of what we have been up to lately.....

022 020

Delphia loves to play in this cupboard with the tupperware and all the lids. She strews them across the whole floor and I have to try not to step on them while I am baking. It really is quite the feat to cook a meal and not step on a single lid or container!

018

Toast.....it's what's for breakfast as of late. She was really liking Eggos but then I gave her toast one day. Now if you have toast that's what she wants even if you already fixed her something else. I think she likes it because she can hold it and munch as she wants. Oddly enough she never throws her toast on the floor.

015

We went the the Childrens Garden on Tuesday since it was only $2.00. We went with Meg and Chloe, Ashley, Ruby and Emma and my mom. There was a big Noah's Ark as you enter with water jets and spraying water. With Phia's history with the swimming pool I highly doubted she would enjoy it and I was right....she shrieked the secong I set her feet on the wet pavement. Odd....you can dump water right over her face in the tub and she doesn't mind. She just goes on kicking and splashing. You can spray her with the spray bottle and she just takes a breath and smiles. Last night Shane even sprayed her with the hose while he was watering the garden and she didn't cry or shriek once. Chloe, Ruby and Emm sure had fun though. Phia had fun, just not in the water!

014

Phia after eating yogurt at the Garden! What a face!

007

Enjoying her goldfish while we strolled around the park!

002003

A new hairstyle we tried the other day. I really enjoy doing her hair and she doesn't seem to mind too much for the most part. She just likes to throw everything off the bed that I give her to play with.

imageCABK4XI5

This is the cake I am making for her to smash and eat at her 1st birthday on Friday. I decorated it last night and it turned out pretty good for it being my first cake. I am quite happy with it. I kind of doubted that I could decorate a cake, but I had my heart set on it and we went to a ton of work trying to find the pan. However to my surprise last night I didn't have a problem decorating even with my hand that doesn't work. On Tuesday I made the cupcakes and cake at my mom's. The cupcakes came out no problem, the cake on the other hand was a different story. The instructions said not to use non-stick spray, but to grease and flour it. My mom did that but when it was time to remove the cake it wouldn't come out. We ran a knife around the edge a couple times and it finally started to come out, only problem was that it was in pieces. Shane and I ran to Roberts that evening to get Wilton Cake Release and I made a new cake yesterday and luckily it came out with no problem.

image

These are what we are serving for cake with some ice cream. They are in the freezer waiting to be frosted tonight as soon as Shane gets home.

No comments:

Followers