Wednesday, March 4, 2009

18 Month Appointment

Phia had her 18 month appointment today so I thought I'd record her stats real quick.

Wt 21.63 lbs, Ht 29.53 inches and her head is 47.9 cm.

Doctor Erickson was just tickled to see how well she is doing. She played peek-a-boo with him and waltzed all around the room fiddling with her hands and marching. She did really well with the stethoscope this time and didn't cry too much when she had her last immunization until she goes to Kindergarten.

It was funny, Dr Erickson asked how many words she said and we weren't sure so we guessed 20-30 and he said that was great! He said she was ahead in her social development, whatever that means. I am guessing because she is social, not too shy, outgoing, talks quite a bit and loves to just be wild! That's my girl! After Shane and I got out to the car we started to really wonder how many words she can say. She has been saying a new word or two everyday. Here's a list of what she can say:

Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Emma, Chloe, Kaylea, Dallen, Thank you, dog, fish, bird, cat, apple, banana, milk, cheese, eat, nap, amen, medicine, eye, ear, hand, shoe, barrette, balloon, marshmallow, water, clock, climb, up, hooray, cracker, no, doll, yes, doodle, toy, bear, teddy, buddy, milk, duck, quack, moo, baby, happy, mama, dada, pretty, party, tea set, purple, turtle, color, bottle, book, bubble, walk, Dora, Boots, Elmo, hot, hi, cold, backpack, brrrr, ketchup, more, plate, clap, hands, peep, bath, toes, belly button, elbow, bonk, mail, one, two, spider, again and ball. That's all we can think of right at the moment but we were amazed at how many words she says, we weren't sure she even said 30 to begin with and that's 82 that she says pretty consistently that we though of.

The other day she was playing with the Aquadoodle and sucking the water out of the pen. Shane kept getting after her and telling her that she didn't suck on it and that if she wasn't going to draw he would take it away. I was in on the bed reading and next thing I knew she had come into the room and around the corner, sucked on the pen and then walked out and laughed. I hollered to Shane what she had done and she then walked back in the room by me and I heard the water turn off and I told her dad was going to see her. She was sucking on the pen and Shane came around the corner and said, "Delphia" and scared her to death!

We went out for a walk yesterday and started talking to our neighbor Pat. Phia was walking up and down the sidewalk just meandering about when she walked over to us and bent over to our crumbling sidewalk and picked up a rock and handed it to Pat. Pat probably had about 20 pebbles in her hand before Phia got sick of that game. She then wandered down the sidewalk and found an empty cup and then brought it to me and climed the steps and came down a couple of times before we went it.

She loves the drinking fountain at the library and tries to climb the stool even though Shane turns the stool the wrong way.

This morning we went to my mom's and she was still tired and I couldn't sleep so I layed her on the bed and put a pillow on the side of her. Two hours later I hear her fussing so I go in to get her and her head is stuck between the headboard and the mattress and she was hanging onto bear for dear life with one hand and the mattress with the other.

We were folding clothes yesterday and we were ready to go put her clothes in her room. I told her that's where we were going and she picked up her 3 pairs of pants and handed them to me. I told her thank you and asked if she wanted to carry her sockd. I offered her 2 pairs but she only took one. We headed into her bedroom and I turned to make sure she was coming with me and I saw that she had her socks between her teeth, her sippie in one hand and her teddy bear crackers in the other.

Last night I made sausage, potatoes and onions for dinner and she ate them right up with some ketchup. We also had jello which she dipped in the ketchup also. I thought it was a fluke until lunch today when we had leftovers and she ate it really well again and even had seconds of potatoes. This is my girl who hates any kind of potato I have given her except french fries.

She loves to play on my mom's medicine ball. Shane lays her on the stomach and bounces her up and down and she opens her mouth and makes a funny noise.

Well, off to bed or to read I go. Shane and I are exhausted. We were up at 4, didn't go to bed until 11:30 and the went to her MD appointment, went case lot shopping at Costco and Maceys and the to the library! Whew!

No comments:

Followers