Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dickens Festival

We went to the Dickens Festival on Thursday for Shane's birthday. I had never been and it has been years since my mom had been. We weren't sure what to expect but let me just say, I am glad we got there soon enough and were able to get in free. It was fun to wander around and see what it was but no way would it be worth the price of admission!

These are Santa's reindeer that were outside the Father Christmas building.


We went inside so that Delphia could sit on Santas lap. The lady before me was taking pictures with her cell phone and there were no signs saying you couldn't take pictures. She sat on Santas lap and I snapped a picture and then another when one of the workers came and told me pictures weren't allowed. I told her sorry and put my camera away.

Sitting on Santas lap was an experience for Delphia and she told him she wanted a puppy. Santa handled it very gracefully and asked if a stuffed dog would work. She told him it would and away we went with a candy cane in hand.


No comments:

Followers