Thursday, March 6, 2008

Miss Hootymae and More...

Delphia has started to shape her mouth into an "O" shape and it cracks everyone up. My mom made the comment that she looks like an owl trying to hoot. We have started to call her Hooty Mae and it fits quite nicely!

DSC03561

Here she is showing off her new talent. Sometimes she will make a huffy noise and it makes me laugh! It doesn't help matters that she also has hair like a little owl. She has tufts of fluffy owl looking feathers on her head. Her hair doesn't lay down, it just sticks up no matter what we do.

DSC03549

She is absolutely the happiest baby in the morning and we have our own morning routine. She wakes up about 6:20 every morning and talks and plays in her crib until 7:00. I go and get her and change her diaper and then she lays on the floor and talks while I make the bed. We head into the kitchen and she sits in her highchair while I fix our breakfast. She has rice or oatmeal cereal mixed with a fruit. Then we sit down and eat and then we wipe her up and I load and possibly unload dishes depending on the day. We head into her room to pick an outfit, get her in the tub, play for a little bit and then she gets a bottle and goes down for her morning nap about 8:30-9:00! We are working on a schedule for the rest of the day still. Afternoon naps vary and she just lays down somewhere between 12:00 and 3:30.

DSC03550

She is currently loving her baby food. Just this past week we added cereal and fruit in the morning. I had only been giving her 1 oz fruit and 1 oz veggie in the afternoon and felt like she wanted more food. She didn't really like avocado initially along with sweet potatoes and green beans. We have retried sweet potatoes and avocado which she will now eat. The other day I mixed banana with her avocado on the suggestion of a baby food website and she absolutely loved it! She had her mouth open again before I could refill the spoon! Yesterday we tried mango as her new food and she really liked it. She ate about 1/2 of her mango and sweet potatoes and then I mixed them together and she ate it really well. It is time to try more new foods and so on Tuesday we made peas, mango and butternut squash! I really enjoy making her food and she even gets in on helping.

DSC03607

We took this picture on Saturday and it makes me smile. It's Phia and her two cousins Ruby and Emma. Once Phia sees the camera she is all smiles!

DSC03605

This was taken this morning! She loves sitting up and playing with toys! It is so nice because I can get some things done while she plays as long as I still talk to her. She loves her fishy rattle and stuffed animals. She loves chewing on her bunny Patty Cottontails ears and the tag! She is such a happy baby and I love getting to stay home and raise her. She is so sweet and easy going.

She loves the icemaker and really anything to do with water. She loves bath time and gets water all over me. She loves drinking out of her sippy cup and a real cup when we let her. She is amazed with the ice maker and will just sit and grin at it if you stand by the fridge. It makes Shane and I laugh.

Tomorrow my mom, Ashley, Ruby and Emma are coming out to visut. It should be a fun day. I need to get chili made tonight for lunch tomorrow to go with cornbread! Well, Phia is awake!

No comments:

Followers