Sunday, January 4, 2009

Has It Been That Long

Here are 2 random videos I meant to put on my last post...trying to catch up as I use this as my journal.

Here she is playing with the gingerbread house candy (which has still yet to be completed)

Eating her blue sucker....

Let's start with Shanes birthday. I suprised him like I never have before this year. He got this incredibly snoopy gene and he always knows what he is getting. I decided this year it was going to be a suprise. The first step was paying for it in cash and the second was not letting him know what I really got. There was a remote control car at Costco that he wanted so we went to 5300 S to pick it up, since we couldn't go to his Costco. We got there and the car was about 4x the size I expected. Well, we bought it and as a second though grabbed a bag of swedish fish. We wrapped the fish at my mom's and when he came to pick me up I told him, it was his present. All week long I talked it up and told him we couldn't wait to give it to him. The car was in my parents garage. Well, his birthday came and he opened his fish and let's just say he was pretty disappointed. He kept saying he couldn't believe I talked up a bag of fish. I wasn't going to tell him he had another gist and suprise him that night but he was so disappointed he would have been upset all day. We headed to my mom's for the Christmas Party that night and he was snooping in the garage. I told him where it was and he opened the box and looked at me and said, "You didn't!" Boy was it fun to trick him.

We also attended 2 work parties this month. Costco had theirs at Noah's in Sandy and it was a regular teen party and we did't win a prize and the food was cold. atleast there was still food I guess. The Alpine party was the following weekend and it was a lot of fun. We got dumped on with snow that day but decided to try and make it to Layton anyway. Shane's mom came out to watch Phia and it was nice to get away. They had delicious food! They had salmon and some kind of beef, fruit, mashed potatoes, veggies, a delicious drink, salad but the dessert was disappointing, kinda watered down banana cream pie. They had Nancy Hanson perforn and she brought Aaron Ashton on the violin and the highlight of the night was the bass player Rob Honey who plays with the group Enoch Train. He played a funny song from his CD titled Man Songs called "We Can Talk About Feeling, But Leave On The Game." It was great fun!

No comments:

Followers