Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Project

I decided about 5 days before Easter that I was going to make Delphia this Easter dress:

claireoptions

It's the one at the end. I finally found the pattern after realizing I wasn't going to find it after going to 3 fabric stores and calling 2 more. As a last resort I went to one that said they didn't have it in hoping to find something else and believe it or not they had it! However after getting a bad cold and miscutting a piece of fabric and running last minute to Broadbents it just didn't happen. I decided to make project C as a practice which is a peasant shirt out of scrap fabric that I had. I got it all sewn and then tried to shir it with elastic thread which was a nightmare. Apparently it was easy but for some reason I was really struggling. People who have never sewed were shirring and me, ?I had no clue. The bobbin wouldn't wind right, it wasn't bunching and even steaming didn't help. Tonight though I finally figured it out and now I am in love! Shirring here I come, everything I make will be shirred! LOL!

Here's the finished project on Delphia, she was tired and just cried when we put it on her but finally we got a semi happy picture.

002 004

Finishing the project made my night....

Here was what she actually wore for Easter....

006

No comments:

Followers