Sunday, March 7, 2010

Phiaisms Part 4

Shane got in a car accident about a week and a half ago. That night when Phia went to get in the car she said, "Poor car!" I explained that Daddy broke the car's lip and that we would get it fixed. She is always telling us now that the cars lip is broken and that we need to get a rojo lip for the car because daddy broke the white lip.

She is so set on cars lips breaking that when Grandma was putting her car seat in her car yesterday and Delphia saw her out the window she said, "Oh man, I sure hope Grandma doesn't break that cars lip."

Our speedometer lights weren't working after the accident and so Shane would turn the inside light on to set the cruise control. Well, you know how you tell your kids something so that they don't ask questions....it happened to us. We are always telling Phia that we can't have the light on in the car at night so that Shane doesn't hit another car. We tell her this because we want her to go to sleep on the way home and if the light is on she won't. Well, Shane had the light on to set the speed and she was very upset telling him to turn the light off so he would hit another car. Over and over she kept telling him until he turned it off and then every time the speed changed and he had to turn the light back on.

Shane was bathing her this morning and just out of the blue she said, "Daddy you wear me out!" I guess she decided to tell him because I tell her that some
days.

Last Sunday she was sitting on my lap and we were getting ready to watch a movie. All of the sudden she put her face to my belly and said, "Josie, come out right now!" I told her that Josie couldn't come out yet and she sat for a minute thinking and then put her face back to my belly and said, "Josie let me in!" It cracked me up and I realized how confusing it must be for us to tell her there is a baby in there and it's moving and kicking but she can't see it. It must seem like the baby is never going to be here to play with.

No comments:

Followers