Monday, January 14, 2008

Madder Than a Hen

I guess I might as well get the whole madder than a hen thing over with first and I'll update after that! Today was my follow-up with the neurologist. My appointment was at 1:15 and when you get there they have you fill out a update sheet as to whether anything new is going on. I filled it out, nothing new is going on, same old same old since it started 4 1/2 months ago. The Dr finally calls us back and says, "You don't get headaches right?" I thought, "WHAT?!?!" I told him that I get migraines and have since I was a teenager. He continues by asking if anything has changed and I tell him no. He proceeds to tell me that my bloodwork is normal but that they haven't gotten my spinal tap results back yet (this was done 3 weeks ago). He tells me that he think I should go get a special MRI done at the U of U to rule out MS. I thought that was why I had the spinal. At the last visit he pretty much diagnosed me and was talking about meds etc and then says, "Well just to be sure we better get some bloodwork and while we are at it let's do a spinal tap." So, he doesn't have results from the spinal but yet he's ordering more expensive tests? GRRRRRR!!! Shane and I are going to go and get a second opinion before getting another MRI. It makes me mad that they didn't call and tell me to reschedule since they didn't have results. I am sure they will bill for a regular visit. Then as we were leaving he tells me to call before my next appointment to make sure they have the results. Little does he know there probably won't be a next appointment.

On to happier thoughts......

Delphia started this new craze with sucking on her hands while slobber is getting everywhere. She just chomps on her hands as happy as can be. We were playing Phase 10 with Dallen yesterday and Shane was holding her and all of a sudden she is chomping on Shanes thumb. It was hilarious!

1

6

Tonight I finished feeding her a bottle and was burping her when next thing I knew she was trying to chomp on my collar bone. What a silly baby!

3

4

5

This teddy bear is her new favorite toy! She loves to chew on his limbs and his nose. She will sit and talk to him and she gets all excited if you shake him and she can hear his rattle shake inside.

Today was Delphia's 4 month appoinment with the pediatrician. She did really well with her shots and only cried until I spotted, "Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaur" in the room. I read it to her while Shane put her clothes on and by the end of the story she had forgotten about her shots! Shee weighed 14 lbs 7 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long and her head is 16 1/2 inches. She is in the 49th percentile for her weight, the 8th for her height and the 83rd for head circumference. She lifted her head up from her stomach and Dr Folland says she will probably roll over in the next month. She layed on the table and talked to him and then he was talking to us and she started to fuss and he told her that we were talking about her, just not too her. I thought it was funny!

We started oatmeal on the 10th and she didn't know what to think at first, but she is liking it better now.

2

Just one more random picture that I took the other day when we were playing on Dallen's bed.

Today we went to Costco after her appointment and bought diapers and wipes since they were on coupon and then since Costco is the $100 store we had to find a few more things. So, Crystal Light, mixed berries for oatmeal, page protectors, Pam and something else later we were done. I love looking at the books at Costco and the little kids clothes. They are such good deals. After Costco we ran to the mall to Childrens Place to get Delphia some socks and tights. They were kind of picked over, but we found 3 pairs of socks a 2 pairs of tights.

No comments:

Followers