Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Boy, Does Time Fly!

I have been meaning to get around to posting and it just hasn't happened. I have found too many other things to keep me busy! I don't have any pictures to post because I was uploading them to my computer and thought it was done so I deleted them off my memory card. Sad! Luckily I had uploaded them at my moms to her computer. When I went up yesterday I ordered pictures from Costco and now have 62 more to scrapbook of Delphia!

Miss Delphia is doing great. She keeps me busy most of the day, but I cherish naptime as I have found every mom does. She is a consistent napper in the morning and the afternoon is still a guessing game. She naps 1 hour 45 min - 2 hours in the morning, although this past Sunday it was 3 hours! She usually naps for 30 minutes - 1 hour in the afternoon and consistently goes to bed about 7:30. However, she doesn't believe in napping at my mom's house. I don't understand why. For some reason it's a no go for her. No naps and she won't go to bed which makes for a grumpy baby!

She really enjoys sitting up with assistance and playing with her toys. She loves to gnaw on anything she can get her hands on, especially Daddy's thumb. She loves it when I sing to her especially, "Shake Your Sillies Out" and "Five Little Speckled Frogs". We had added multiple things to the silly song such as marching, clapping, jumping etc. We aren't very good at noodling though.

I started her on bananas on the 21st and she loves them! Last Sunday we fed her avocado and she wasn't sure what to think about that. I decided that I wanted to make her baby food so on Sunday we whipped up a batch of green beans, bananas, avocado and we bought a jar of natural applesauce. I think we will try applesauce next, on Friday. It was a lot of fun to make her food. Shane thought he had to be muscle man a nd help get the food out of the ice cube trays. I thought I should warn him not to break them, but I didn't and what do you know, one twist of the tray and I suddenly had 2 trays.

Saturday was our Stake Relief Society Yearly Activity and it was a lot of fun. The theme was Cultivating an Attitude of Happiness and Optimism. They had 3 different classes and the Pres. Draper spoke. We then had a light lunch and visited. I volunteered to decorate a table but no one sat at it, which was fine because that meant I didn't have to wash my dishes. They had 40 tables set up and filled all of them but 2. It was a spiritual day and it was nice Shane got the day off to watch Delphia.

Yesterday we went and spent the day at moms and watched the snow storm in Salt Lake. They got about 6 inches and the roads were a mess everywhere. They even closed the airport. It does make it look pretty outside and I am grateful for the moisture! We even got 2 digital pages done and they turned out really cute! We also downloaded a bunch of stuff!

Last Thursday Shane had the day off and I was finally ready to hang pictures in my living room since we have been here just about 2 years and have blank walls. I had finished a couple projects and was excited to get them hung up. I also did a February stitchery last week and hung it on the wall. I want to do one for every month and that it doable since it only took a day. We went to Real Deals in American Fork and I found a rooster for the top of my cabinets and the word HOME in wrought iron, painted red. The letters are each single and we hung them above my cupboards. We also went to Rod Works in Lehi and found a mirror for 40% off and it looks great above the piano.

DSC03405

DSC03408 DSC03412

DSC03414

DSC03416

DSC03417

Next Thursday Delphia and I are going to go to Girls Night Out for our street on the corner. They are just playing games and eating junk. Should be fun! I am excited to get to know more ladies on our street! Kayla invited me on Saturday.

Today was Shanes day off and we got a lot done. We got the fridge and freezer cleaned out, Shanes pants hemmed, pictures dated, bathrooms cleaned, bread made, potato salad made, sweeping, mopping and 1 batch of laundry folded, the microwave cleaned and the dishwasher unloaded! I also finished her cloth ABC book.

Well, I am exhausted so I think I am going to go scrapbook!

No comments:

Followers