Friday, July 18, 2008

Busyness....Is There Such a Thing

Wow, I guess things have been a little busy around here as I haven't posted for quite awhile.

I have been trying to finish up some projects, meanwhile I have started others.

I have made Delphia 2 skirts and 2 headbands that match,

052 051

057 058

I made an apron for myself

066

and I am curling ribbon to make her some hair clips. Meanwhile I have found a couple other things I want to start on....

zigzagwhole425 il_430xN_29781991

1 2

I also want to make her a couple of shirts and finish my cross stith project so I can get it hung in my house! Some times I just get in project mode but what I can get done all depends on Delphia's cooperativeness.

I found a great use your food storage site and want to try some of her recipes. http://everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com/

Today went went over to a neighbors and had a little playdate. She has 5 kids but her youngest is onle a couple months older that Phia. She has a water table and the kids were playing it that when we got there but Delphia wasn't sure what to think about it so I held her for a bit. Esther kept wanting to take Delphia's toy or whatevere she had at the moment which is totally normal at this age. Delphia was cool with finding another toy until she was rocking back and forth and hit her head on the wood fllor and that was the straw that broke the camels back. After that everytime Esther would get close to her she would shriek and cry and scream. I decided that it was time to go home since she was tired. We had fun and hopefully can do it again soon. Delphia loved sitting on the couch with Miriam and thought she was special because she had her undivided attention.

Yesterday we went to my moms and hung out and went to my mom's enrichment night. Everyone brought their favorite dish and the recipe and then everyone got to sample the food. It was a lot of fun! We are actually having Killer Pasta Salad tonight for dinner with some kind of muffin and fruit. Delphia loved the slush, carrot cake, funeral potatoes and grandmas pasta salad.

Wild Rice Salad
PREP TIME 1 Hr, READY IN 1 Hr
Original recipe yield: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS
* 6 cups water
* 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
* 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
* 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1 small can water chestnuts, drained
* 2 cups sliced celery
* 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup chutney
* 3/4 cup cashew pieces

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and 1/4
teaspoon salt. Cover tightly and simmer for 50 minutes. Cool; drain if
necessary. In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, water chesnuts, celery,
grapes, mayonnaise, chutney and remaining salt. Cover and chill until ready
to serve; toss with cashews.

Phia is getting her 5th and 6th teeth in and is loving to chew and bite on everything. She loves adult food and is giving up baby food. She still won't drink out of a sippie cup and I am a little nervous for her to give up the bottle since she only wants a normal cup. Bottles are just so straightforward and I am not sure what to feed her or how much after she is a year.

We are starting to plan for her birthday and I have been having fun looking for gift ideas online.

We took her to see Dr Stevens a pediatric orthopedic surgeon to see if she has Shanes leg problem on Monday and sure enough she does. She also has a crack in her hip from the pressure of her legs being bowed. She has another appointment on February 23rd and they will take new x-rays and schedule surgery. The surgery only lasts 1 1/2 hours and she gets to come home that day with just ace wraps around her incisions. They used to call it metafiscial dysplasia and they are now calling it Blounts. The definition I found online states that Blount's disease is a growth disorder of the tibia (shin bone) that causes the lower leg to angle inward, resembling a bowleg.

On Sunday I am in charge of singing time which I have never done. It should be interesting. My mom came up with the idea to cut out bugs, butterflys and flowers on her Cricut and put songs on the back. The kids can come choose a flower and that's the song we will sing. I also cut out leaves and each leaf will have how we are going to sing hum, people with blue eyes, boys, teachers etc. I am the choirister until the 3rd of August so I need 2 more good ideas for the next couple weeks.

On Wednesday Phia wanted to play in the laundry basket and she had so much fun!

037 035

She is loving standing up to everything and will often squeal so that we will let her stand up to something. She expecially loves my moms coffee table. She loves to open and close the drawers.

013 008 005

After we got home from camping we decided to try her at swimming again by herself and she still hated it.

At first she was okay, but only for a minute....
001

Then she was not liking it. What a sad little girl!

003 004

No comments:

Followers