Monday, July 28, 2008

Must You Grow Up In One Day?

Delphia is growing up way too fast. A couple months ago and recently I kept thinking, "Why isn't she doing this and why isn't she doing that?" Today alone she pulled up to things, imagine my shock when I went to get her up from her nap and she was standing up to the side of her crib, she walked with the laundry, kinda Army crawled, drank out of a cup with a straw and ate with a fork and spoon. I told her she simply had to slow down or she would be walking by tomorrow!

Here she demonstrates her Army crawl with much fussing! Ashley and I tried to get her crawl on Friday night for Cookie Crisp (her latest favorite) but she would just wave and try to get us to give it to her. Finally on Saturday morning I got her to scoot with her toes for an otter pop! She is getting better at it but it is still not her favorite thing!

005 004

This was her last week playing on the floor with ribbon. She was exhausted but it was too late in the afternoon for a nap. I LOVE her little wave! It cheers me up!

We got her little utensils at Wal-Mart on Saturday night and she ate yogurt with the spoon today and jello with the fork! I have one thing to say, "What a mess!" She is so proud of herself though! She just waves it around even though it has food on it.

057 056 052

We played while she was still in her pj's this morning and we had fun! She loves her piggy bank!

035 042 046

She was chewing on his ear in the last picture. She loves to slap the coins in the top when I set them in the slot. Sometimes however she just likes to pull them out.

Her new thing as of Saturday was peek-a-boo. This morning I was trying to get pictures of her and this was the result. She even kind of says peek-a-boo occassionally.

021 024 026

She is also figuring out how to get off the chair in her room from the sitting position. What a smarty! She wasn't doing any of this a week ago, not even two days ago.

050 051

We also decided that she has inherited Shanes sweat glands. I can be cold and she is sweating! Her hair gets sopping wet and just sticks to her face. This was what her hair looked like after her afternoon nap today.

068

And the side view.....

071

We also folded laundry today and Phia was quite a bit of help...

She has loved to stand up to things lately and likes it when I put the laundry basket by the edge of our bed and she will go back and forth. Today whe was standing by the basket and pushed it forward and I thought she was going to fall, but no....here's what she did....

She walked from our bed to the chaise and then I turned her around and she walked to the door which I helped her get through and then out into the living room.

She has also had a fascination with our piano and loves to sit on the bench and play beautiful music!

She loves not sitting still in church. Shane took her to priesthood since I was in Primary and he stood her up next to a metal chair and she proceeded to slap and make noise. She likes to stand on the bench in sacrament and watch everyone behind us and wave.

She doesn't like the wind as we learned on Saturday night at Wal-Mart when we had the closest thing to a hurricane I have ever seen.

She is starting to pull her hair clips out of her hair.

She has been fake coughing a lot lately and thinks it is incredibly funny if you fake cough back at her.

She is just my little angel who I love to pieces! I have been so excited for her to be more independent but I can see how busy I am going to be keeping track of her. Today she unpacked my bag of ribbon, buttons, felt, hot glue gun and barrettes in a matter of minutes and had laudry all over the room before I could get it folded.

We just layed her down after moving her mattress down and she started to cry and within seconds I knew she was standing up in her crib.

What new adventure will be next?

Tomorrow we are going up to Salt Lake and going to play group with Ashley and her kids. Should be fun! I will have to make a goodie tomorrow because I took too long writing this tonight and I want to go read a book!

No comments:

Followers