Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just A Quick Catch-Up Post

  • Just A Quick Catch Up Post.....

    001

    We were playing with Delphia's drum instrument set the other day and she discovered that she could see through it and kept putting it up to her face and smashing her little nose.

    007 008

    She is still in climbing mode and loves to climb everywhere. On Sunday Shane worked with her on the stairs and she can now go down them as well as up. She is quite tickled with her new accomplishment and loves to follow me down and then climb up as slow as she can without mom coming and getting her. When she gets to the top and I shut the gate she cries because she wants to go down and up again and again.

    013

    Friday night we were waiting for Shane to get home and I was standing in the entryway and Phia kept crawling under my legs and then she would crawl back.

    018 019

    This is Phia in her new winter coat from Childrens Place. It is reversible so it can be green or pink. She looks like she can't move in it and is not too fond of wearing it, even though it was freezing outside tjis weekend and we had about 1 1/2 inches of snow on Sunday morning.

    026 027

    My little monkey in her monkey pj's enjoying what monkeys enjoy most......BANANAS!

    001 003

    A couple more fall/halloween decorations. The cat my mom and I painted last year and the blocks I did yesterday and crossed them off my to do list. The blocks were a Super Saturday project from last Saturday.

    005

    I picked this up at Roberts and figured it could stay up for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

    004

    My Christmas table runner top, I just need to get it backed and bound along with my fall one. I am planning to do that tomorrow at my mom's. We are planning to sew tomorrow and then go to the Holiday Quilt Shop Hop on Thursday.

    Shane's mom came over this morning for a refresher on homemade bread. It turned out delicious and the homemade strawberry freezer jam just makes it that much better! Yummy!

    IMG_9688-Titled

    I am on the hunt for these pumpkin spice kisses. I found them at Lehi Target Saturday night and now regret not picking them up because everywhere is sold out! Here's the recipe if you happen to run across them!

    Pumpkin Spice Blossoms

    1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

    14 oz can Libby’s Pumkin

    ½ Cup sanding sugar

    1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!

    About 36 cookies

    And....a few more things to add to my to do list when I narrow it down a little more....

    IMG_3899

    http://dgoddessblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/papercraft-wooden-halloween-blocks.html

    msl_oct06_15yr_sconce_l

    http://www.marthastewart.com

    Heading

    http://yoonie-at-home.blogspot.com/2008/07/tutorial-felt-flower-pins-for-summer.html

    6a00e54fd536558834010534d93cd6970c-400wi

    http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/dont_look_now/2008/09/kids-art-smock-pattern.html

    IMG_1465

    http://blissfulbyquenna.blogspot.com/2008/09/tutorial-zippered-top-lunch-bags.html

    Forever_family_and_birds_nest

    http://just-because-i-am-me.blogspot.com/2008/09/family-frame-and-birds-nest.html

    It is horrible because I look at www.tipjunkie.com and www.oneprettything.com and find all these cute projects. For now I just bookmark them and put them in my growing to do when I don't have any other projects file. It's going to be a gigantic folder if I don't stop finding cute projects!

  • No comments:

    Followers