Sunday, October 19, 2008

Picture Overload

Last week at my mom's I decided to do Phia's hair and pull back her bangs. It looked really cute but I am so used to with bangs that she just didn't look quite like my sweet girl usually does. She has all these wispy little bangs still coming in.

001

On Saturday Shane was supposed to go to work but I wanted to do something together....so, he called in sick and we ended up going to Tracy Aviary since it was free through UEA weekend. We also ate lunch at Five Guys Burger and Fries. It was excellent! Delphia just watched people and the workers as they cooked burgers and every once in awhile would turn around wanting something to munch on while she people watched.

003

This was when we first got to the Aviary. She didn't stay in her stroller very long because she could get closer to the birds if she was being held.

006

Swans.....and lots of them!

011

Hawk.....

013

Shane, Phia and the hawk....

014

Look, what's that over there Dad?

015

It's a bald eagle!

017

She is a little bit taller that this bird, but she shorter than the next tallest bird!

018

She is definitely shorter than the ostrich!

023

This peacock was on the roof, but we aren't sure how he got up there!

027

These were some cute little birds in the Argetine exhibit. We were actually able to walk into the cage and be really close to them.

031

Flamingos!

034

Phia watching the flamingos...

040

Phia and mommy....

042

This was called Chase Mill which is the oldest standing mill. They have meetings and such there. I loved the lighting coming through this window with the plant and gourds.

048

Daddy and Phia....

052

Phia being silly for pictures....

054

Awwww....family picture once Shane got the timer to work. He deleted a priceless picture of himself, that I didn't realize until just now! What a stinker!

057

Phia climbing up the stairs. This her new great discovery and I think she could play on the stairs at home all day long.

She was trying to pick up the ice cream in this video and it was too funny!

002

Her eating a cookie dough ice cream cone.

007

008

Riding her giraffe in the kitchen while we made dinner tonight.

Last Thursday my mom and I went to the Holiday Quilt Shop Hop. We started in Utah County at a place in American Fork, headed to Brodbents where the free pattern was a tree skirt. We then went to lunch at Artic Circle and were surprised to see Grandma and Grandpa Schow eating lunch there as well. I couldn't resist a pumpkin milkshake and Phia enjoyed it also. We then headed to Elaines, which was a store we had never been to and they had a ton of cute things, specifically this quilt.....http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/smores_throw.pdf I resisted though because I already have a Christmas quilt that needs to be sewn. We headed to a shop called Floyds that was a big dissapointment and then over to Gardner to pick up a book my mom had on hold. I decided that I wanted to make the tree skirt from the free pattern and found fabric at Pine Needles after spending about 15-20 minutes to park and anoth 10-15 to get out of the parking lot. It was a madhouse as the were doing their Little Witches Weekend and had all kinds of booths and games. We then stopped by Quilts Etc to pick up a triangular ruler for my tree skirt and I found yet another project. I have been looking and looking for an advent calendar and they had one that was really cute. No worries though, it's all cut out...the back, top, pockets, apliqued pieces and the pieces are ironed on and ready to be machine stitched into place starting tomorrow. I also got my Christmas quilt cut out on Wednesday nd plan to work on that staring Thursday. We were tired when we got home but we had a great time and Phia was an extremely good baby for all that running around, sitting in her carseat and stroller.

I also finished my Nativity from Super Saturday after making a late trip to Walmart in Lehi Friday night for stain.

011

Thursday night my mom and I ran to Maceys because she had gotten a mailer for a sale that was onlt at the Sandy Maceys and went Thursday-Saturday. We headed up and Phia was tired but she did okay. She started to fuss and my mom said that we should go get her an ice cream cone and that they had kid size ones, not just the kong cones. We went over and asked and found out they are complimentary (awesome when you have a fussy toddler!) She enjoyed every last drop and cried when it was gone on the way home. She didn't want to give it up and just kept sucking on it through the store. Her little lips were red and freezing cold but that didn't seem to bother her. When we ran to Smiths yesterday we got little cones and ice cream and she enjoyed it last night after some Tator-tot Casserole!

No comments:

Followers