Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Girl of Few Words...

This is my favorite picture to date of my Phia girl! Love her to pieces!

001 002

Last week we had waffles for dinner and she let us feed her 3/4 of one before she decided that she wanted to feed it to herself. We gave her a fork and the plate and let her have at it. She tried for quite awhile to stab the waffle but didn't have success. We stabbed it for her but she wanted to do it herself. I guess she finally decided that the only way she was going to be able to feed herself was eating it right off the plate and going utensilis! She was all sticky but she was happy so we weren't going to stop her. We were laughing to hard and were actually probably encouraging her!

009 010

015

She loves to play on furniture and any kind of furniture at that! She crawls from one of our bed to the other and steps right off the edge (you really have to watch her!) She loves to plat in her rocking chair and is getting to be quite the dare devil. She will stand up and rock and is so proud of herself. She really has to concentrate as you can tell by her tongue hanging out of her mouth!

006 012

She is so wiggly it is hard to get a good picture of her. She goes from sitting to standing to laying and then to hanging over dofferent sides of the chair! busy, busy!

024

She has known where her belly button is for quite some time but come to find out she knows some other body parts also. I just thought I'd ask her if she knew where a few things where last week and the one that surprised me the most was that she knew where her ear was. I asked where her ear was and she pointed to it and said, "Ea" I was amazed as the only reference she has really had to her ears is to stop digging in them. She also knows where her toes, nose, teeth, tongue, hands and hair are.

015

She is still my little book bee! She loves books and loves to look at them and pretend to read them. She really likes books that have flaps to lift or textures that she can touch. My mom just picked up two that light up and she really liked those also.

033

Once again she was doing gymnastics on the couch. She knows how to get off the couch but I am always worried she is going to jump off! What goes better together than gymnastics and reading!

034

She liked this book because it was touch and feel but the story was kinda dumb.037

I whipped this crayon roll up during her nap today and it was really fun and simple! So much easier than having to put crayons back in a box. I think I should have made the spaces bigger because her crayons are jumbo crayons.

047

I also ran across this wall hanging today and found I have the scraps to make it so on the list of projects it goes. It's off http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/.

img_tumbling-leaveslg_1

Phia has started saying more words. She has said a few off and on lately. Last week I was bathing her and she pointed at the wall and said "clock" and I was amazed she knew what it was. I asked her to say it a couple more times. She then the next day woke from her nap and was pointing at her dresser going, "uh,uh,uh" and I knew she wanted the clock but I told her I didn't know what she wanted. I was wondering if she would put a name to it. Sure enough she pointed again and said "clock". Some other words she can say are: bread, bear, apple "ap", happy "app with a little y on the end", ear "ea", please she signs this and thank you along with milk, cat, dog, pig and pen. She will try to imitate other things that you say and quite often she says okay and what soundslike, "What did you say?" She is a smart little thing, almost too smart!

Phia loves animals and we are actually thinking about getting her a cat for Christmas. Everytime she sees an animal she has the funniest reaction! There were some dogs on the Today show this morning doing tricks and I had to video her. She gets so excited. She is groowling and hitting her leg which is the sign for dog.

Tonight I was making dinner and I got out her alphabet magnets for her to play with. She was tired and fussy but had fun until it was time to pick up. I asked her to pick them up and I was helping her and she picked up a few within her reach and then stopped. I asked her to pick some more up and she just bent over and reached as far as she could and looked at me as if to tell me she couldn't reach. I told her to crawl over to them and she did and picked up one and then threw the other. It took awhile to get them picked up.

Last week we picking up lids that she had dumped out and a couple had fuzzies/hair on them and I tapped it on the ground and blew it off and so then she had to do the same to every lid she picked up.

She loves to give kisses and it cracks us up. She likes to give them right on the lips. Well she is awfully slobbery and so last week she was giving me kisses and I wiped the slobber off my face and she saw me. Next thing I know she kisses me and then wipes my face off!

Last Thursday I went to a tax/payroll class at the Larry H Miller campus so I can keep my dad's books and do payroll. Shane took the day off and watched Phia. It was nice to get out of the house and socialize but I sure missed my girl!

Tomorrow I need to make pumpkin cake, magic bars, a jello salad and get a dip tray ready. I might get ambitious and make bread also. Busy day and Shane works late so hopefully Phia is in a good mood! I am going to Tremonton with my parents on Friday. Shane has to work but my dads family is having a Thanksgiving get together so I decided to go.

She has her 15 month appointment next week. I think she is growing like a weed and she is a wild liittle thing. She has 12 teeth and is just thinning right out. She loves bread and apples and really enjoyed part of an Eggnog Fat Boy last night at Grandmas.

No comments:

Followers