Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and More

This is how our Halloween started...Shane dressing up at a pirate and heading to Costco. He really wanted to be an Oompa-Loompa but settled on borrowing his mom's pirate costume! The night before he was trying everything on to see which pieces looked good together and it cracked me up how precise he was in matching. There were 2 outfits and he mixed and matched them to his liking. Phia went to him one time but then wanted to go back to me. She just kept looking at him as he was getting dressed trying to figure out what he was doing. I showed the picture to Ruby and asked her who it was and she told me it was a thief.

001 002

I got Phia in her costume and headed over to Alpine to let her trick-or-treat to the offices and visit a little. She was quite clingy at first but when Tim's family came in with their dog, dressed like a bee she wanted down to chase him and she warmed right up. She was also begging for candy and kept wanting more. She begged candy corn off Alison, ate a white chocolate kit kat and chewed through a Snicker wrapper which then had to be thrown away. She had a liking for Crunch bars and M&M's. She has never even had a Crunch bar, she must have liked the wrapper!

After we got back my dad got home and decided he was going to rake the leaves in the front so Phia and I went out to watch. She had a ball roaming around the yard but wasn't too fond of sitting in the pile of leaves and was then covered with leaves and we had to brush her off. She is quite the fast crawler and every picture I took was kinda blurry!

004 006 008 014 016

We got her dressed after having pigs in a blanket with Grandma, Grandpa, Phillip, Ashley, Jed, Ruby and Emma and Shane once he got home. She was not too fond of the hood so we put a safety pin beneath it so she couldn't unzip it. She didn't like that at all and kept pulling wondering why it wouldn't unzip like the other 2 times she had worn it. She did love her glow stick that Grandma Anita gave her. In fact it was the hit of the night as Ruby was enthralled by it and kept turning the lights off to see it glow and Chloe wanted to hold it when she saw it. It's amazing what a .96 cent toy will do for entertainment!

017

Chloe and Phia sharing a popcorn ball back and forth.

030

Group pictures were hilarious as they were looking different ways and moving and crying until Chloe decided she was done and wanted to jump on the couch!

041 042 043 044 045

Finally she was sitting still and I got a pretty good picture of her when we got back from walking the neighbor hood.

047

Finally I finished my Advent Calendar and I just have to hand bind the back. This is a picture before I got the binding on and quilted the pockets. Shane trimmed a little close on one corner and cut my binding so he gets to unpick it so I can sew a new piece on and then I will hand bind it tonight. Next up is my tree skirt and then my Christmas quilt with hope to finish my Santa punchneedle before December!

055

Yesterday after her bath she was brushing her teeth and I love her little towel. It makes her look like a froggie!

054

Today she was dressing and undressing her doll orrather taking it's shoes on and off and putting the pieces in the bag and then taking them out again.

007

She loves her booster seat and thinks it is a toy. She just sits in it whenever she wants and looks at books or crawls in and out. She turned it towards the wall today but could still get in and out to her liking.

015

Bumps and bruises! She fell in the bathroom yesterday and landed on her water cup and got the cut under her right eye. Somehow she scraped the area above her nose and she scratched underneath her other eye. She is very busy so I think we have entered the bump time where she will always have some kind of owie. Today she kept crawling under our bed and crawling around and bringing various things out.

023

We had pumpkin pancakes tonight and Shane ate leftovers when he got home. One note to self, next time I make them I need to cut the recipe in quarters because I ended up with 28 pancakes. Oh well, I will freeze them and feed them to Phia. She loved them and ate 2 whole pancakes!

No comments:

Followers