Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blessing Delphia Day

  • Blessing Delphia Day

    DSC02984

    This is the only picture from Delphi's blessing that I took. (Oops!) No fear, we are taking her to Kiddie Kandids on Tuesday for pics in her blessing dress.

    The day was wonderful and she was an angel! She is 7 1/2 weeks, but we had Stake Conference, Chloe's blessing and General Conference so it just kept getting moved back!

    Shane blessed her an it was awesome. He said that he wasn't nervous, but ther was a long pause before he started because he couldn't remember how to start the blessing. He said that it finally came to him. The blessing was beautiful and Delphia didn't cry at all. When Shane sat back down he asked if I heard him mess up and I told him that I hadn't. Apparently he blessed her to be a righteous son and then hastily added daughter. I think he was a tad nervous.

    We had family over afterwards for dinner. We had sloppy joes (Shane's favorite, but not mine so I never make them. He has decided that he will have to make sure Delphi likes them.), green salad, jello salad, raspberry fluff, chips, pea salad and chocolate chip cake and pineapple cookies! Whew! I was sick of cooking on Thursday when I baked the cakes, cookies, 5.5 lbs of sloppy joes and homemade bread!

    After everyone left we got her in a different dress and believe it or not I got her first smile caught on film! Here it is....

    DSC02986

    then she kinda kept half smiling.....

    DSC02987

    This one is one of my favorites with her and daddy...

    DSC02995

    This next picture illustrates a cute story from the other day. We were getting ready to feed her and Shane said, "Who wants milk?" and she proceeded to do this....

    DSC02990

    She never fails to make us giggle! She brings such a sweet spirit into our home and makes it feel wonderful to be starting our little family!

  • No comments:

    Followers