Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies and Blessing Pictures

Yesterday I was at my mom's visiting with her and my sister Ashley and we decided to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. One of my favorites, but since Shane doesn't like pumpkin I never make them. We used this recipe:

Wendy Sue's Pumpkin Cookies
1 cube butter
1 C brown sugar
¼ C white sugar
2 eggs
1 C pumpkin (canned)
1 t lemon extract
2 C flour
2 t cinnamon
½ t salt
½ t cloves
½ t nutmeg
½ t ginger
1 t baking soda
1 C nuts/chocolate chips
1 - Cream together butter, sugars and eggs
2 - Add pumpkin and lemon
3 - Sift together and add dry ingredients
4 – Add walnuts/chocolate chips
5 – Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet
6 - Bake @ 400º for 12 minutes
*Makes about 28 cookies

They were delicious! We added white chocolate and dried orange flavored craisins! My mom sent a plate home and I will throughly enjoy them. I ended up eating 4 at her house yesterday! Mmmmmm! They have me craving pumpkin. I just might try Ashley's recipe for pumpkin pancakes this weekend!

We took Delphia to get professional blessing pictures done on Tuesday and she is a professional! She was so well behaved other than she kept turning her head to suck on her hands. We ended up putting a binky in her mouth and pulling it out right before they took the picture. We got 2 8x10's because we couldn't decide between the smiling one and sthe sweet angelic sleeping one. We also got 12 birth announcements free, so we sent those to great-grandmas and other family. Kiddie Kandids did a great job! All I have to do is look at the pictures and I find myself smiling!

I went to my mom's Super Saturday last week and they had this for dessert. It was excellent!

Pumpkin Cake

Crust:
1 yellow cake mix – save 1 cup for topping
1 cube butter
1 egg
grease bottom of 9 x 13 pan, press into pan


Filling:
1 lb. 14 oz. Can pumpkin
2 eggs
2/3cup milk
2/3cup sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
blend well, and pour over crust


Topping: 1 cup cake mix (from crust)
1/4cup sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2cube margarine
Bake at 350 for 45 – 50 minutes. Serve warm or cooled w/ whipped cream.

Last night we had a jungle party at my mom's. Precious Auntie (Ashley) and Spencer were trying to entertain Delphia and the were making bird sounds and cackling. She was okay with it for a minute and then she had enough and Grandma had to take over after Ashley told Jed he needed to comfort her. I ended up shaking her rattle all the way home for the second night in a row.


DSC03012 DSC03010

These are her 8-week pictures! She is growing so fast! She thinks she doesn't need to sleep, except at night. She can be dead asleep in my arms so I lay her down and 5 minutes later she is awake. It doesn't matter if I lay her in her crib, carseat or bassinett. If I lay her in her bouncy chair she will sleep as long as it is vibrating! Hopefully, a routine is in the future! We love her, she is so much fun!

I got three new projects yesterday at Pine Needles. Just ask Shane, I am the Queen of Unfinished Projects! I just need to get fabric to do these. Maybe I should finish my other projects first, maybe....... Here is what they look like:

3 2 1

No comments:

Followers