Friday, May 30, 2008

Puking Night

This pretty much sums up my evening....

DSC00342

Yep, you got it right. That is compliments of the Phia. She drank a bottle and then we ate and she was playing on the floor with grandpa. It was time to get in pj's so we went and did that and I was carrying her down to bed when she threw up. I hollered for my mom to take her so I could clean up but before my mom could get there she threw up 2 more times. Nothing like throw-up down the shirt. We got into the kitchen and my mom went to take her and she threw up on my face, glasses and in my hair. My mom is holding Phia and telling my dad to go get the camera because they have to have a picture of this and telling me that I can't wash until they get a picture. YUCK! Now we really have some laundry to do, my clothes, her pjs, her doggie and her blanket. Wait till Shane sees this picture, he thought a little throw up on his shoulder was bad on Tuesday. He has nothing on me now!

She has never been a spitty baby and lately she has been throwing up after a car ride from or to Eagle Mountain. This was the first time she has thrown up and not been in the car. I asked the pediatrician about it and he wasn't real concerned so I guess we will just try and make it through this stage.

DSC04065 DSC04069

These are her little devil horns, fairy wings by day and horns at night. Just kidding, she is never a little devil, but always my sweet girl! I's just wondering what mischeivious thing she is thinking in the second picture.

DSC04054

Here's my happy little buglet. She loves to rock in her chair in her room and really gets going. She loves picture shoots and is all smiles. We spend a lot of time in this chair, reading, napping, rocking and playing.

She demonstrates her waving and clapping in this video.

Today we went to Barnes & Noble so I could spend my gift card from Mothers Day. I love childrens books and Phia loves to look at them and have me read them to her. So, like a lot of mothers I spent my gift card on my little girl. Who could resist the cute Sandra Boynton books. We got....

13709711 13741102 15208937 19321174

She is the funnest author and I love getting her books from the library. I couldn't resist buying them to enjoy with Phia.

We also made oatmeal raisin cookies for my dad today. We found the recipe on allrecipes.com. They turned out absolutely delicious and Spencer told me they were the bomb.

Beth's Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 12 Min
READY IN 50 Min

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Make sure you get some, because they don't last long!

The rest of the pictures are older pictures that were on my mom's camera but that I thought were post worthy for great grandmas.

DSC00332

DSC00323

My mom and I were cracking up about how wild her hair is, especially on this specific night.

DSC00279

DSC00267

My mom took these while she was watching Phia on Shane and I's day out.

DSC00338

DSC00336

Phia and I love to read and my mom took some pictures of us reading a Sandra Boynton book from the library.

No comments:

Followers