Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sugar Cookie Fun!

If you know me you should know that I love suagr cookies! They are really my favorite sugary thing! I found some cute halloween cutters at Geegee's on Tuesday along with some cute sprinkles. I decided that we were going to make sugar cookies on Wednesday since it was Shanes day off. Howevere, I woke up and decided I needed a haircut and had to go to the library for an idea and by the time that was all done it was around 5 that night. Delphia was exhausted and falling asleep in her tracks at the dinner table. I however wated to make cookies and the dough was all ready in the fridge. I had been telling Phiaall day that she could help so I didn't feel like I could cancel the whole thing. We got her in her pj's and went for it and she was very happy the whole time and not acting at all tired. I really think she enjoyed doing this activity with Shane and I.
First we showed her how to cut with the cookie cutters which she loved. She got a little excited a couple times and cut a cookie out of the middle of the dough before Shane or I could get it placed where it needed to be.


Then she saw how we poked itout of the cookie cutter onto our hand and she had to be a part of this. I was just going todo it, but after 6 or so cookies she took over and would hold it on her hand and give it to Shane to put on the cookie sheet.

She then wanted to work on her rolling technique so she rolled the last couple cookies out towards the end. She helped flour the pastry mat at clapped her hands to get the flour off.

It was then time to bake and decorate and eat. She loved the decorating part! I frosted the cookies and she then chose the sprinkles she wanted and shook them onto the cookie. She loved the big sprinkles and kept picking them off and saying, "yum!"

She had a ball and was such a good helper we will probably do it a couple more times this year! She was funny though because she wouldn't eat the cookie dough out of the bowl but one time there was a piece from a cookie being cut out and she shoved the whole thing into her mouth. If you ask her how to make cookies she will show you how to roll and shake sprinkles!

We decorated six for Ashley and her family and when Ashley left our house with them Phia was very upset saying that Ashley took her cookies and was crying. We had to show her the cookies in the freezer so that she would calm down and see that we had more cookies. When she saw the other cookies she stopped crying and just said, "Oh."

1 comment:

MamaBug said...

What fun! She's such a cutie!

Followers