Monday, May 10, 2010

Dora Memory

I used to think that our life revolved around Dora but lately the Dora craziness has dies down. Delphia doesn't even really ask to watch Dora whereas she used to want to watch it all day. Her cousins Ruby and Emma love Dora and like watching it at Grandmas but Delphia doesn't care to watch it with them.

She has entered a new phase. I call it the "I want mommies attention all the time phase." No really, it's not as bad as it sounds, she just wants me to entertain her all day and not do much of anything else. She loves to play games of pretty much any sort. A few of her favorites are Dora Candyland, Dora Memory, Kerplunk, Don't Spill the Beans and other games of the sort.

She has a real love for Dora Candyland however. The game goes differently every time we play depending on her mood. Sometimes she goofs around, not caring whether she gets matches or not, sometimes she plays to win. She does however always say, "Good job! You got a match." We are trying to teach her that it's okay if she doesn't win and to be a good sport.







On this particular day, I had come upstairs to wake the girls up after napping for 3 hours. (The first time they both napped simultaneously. HOORAY!!!) Josie was still asleep so I asked Delphia if she wanted to play a game. She said she wanted to play Dora Memory. I kid you not, I got it down and set it on the table and Josie started to cry. Delphia broke down into tears because she wanted to play and I told her we could play right now. I finally convinced her that it would be fun to watch Dora and eat a fruit snack while I fed Josie and that after wards we could play the game that I had promised to play.

No comments:

Followers