Thursday, May 27, 2010

Get Together

Last week my grandma was down for the week so we decided to have a girls outing on Saturday. It was just us ladies except for little Eli. Aunt Marla wanted to see the babies so she came down and then it was Ashley, my mom, Grandma, Meg and I.

We went to Cheesecake factory an enjoyed the delicious food. Everyone except me got the chicken salad sandwich and soup of the day. I got the Chinese Chicken Salad which was gigantic. Some of us got cheesecake and we all sampled each others. Marla got a lemon raspberry, I had lemon white chocolate, Ashley got key lime and my mom got their red velvet which I really didn't like. It was way too sweet with the cream cheese frosting!

After we ate we went to Pine Needles where I found the umbrella fabric I have been looking for. I plan to make dresses for the girls. I also helped Ash pick out a project for her house. We then went to Hobby Lobby and looked around. It was fun! I just had to take Josie as my dad was willing to watch Delphia.

She had a fun time with Grandpa that day. They went to the hospital to visit a guy in my parents stake. My dad reported that when they were in the elevator a lady was in there and Delphia looked at her and said, "You come to the hospital too?" After that he took her to McDonalds and got her a Happy Meal. He took her for a wagon ride and took some pictures with some Easter grass of my mom.s that were hilarious and just show her personality!

When I got home that afternoon she said to me, "Hey, where's my boy?" I said, "What boy? Do you have a boy?" She responded, "Yes with Grandpa." I told her she better go ask Grandpa because I hadn't the foggiest what she was talking about. She asked Grandpa but he didn't act like he knew either. Later that night Ashley was getting ready to head home and she pulled a little guy out of her baby gift and asked Phia if it was hers. Delphia looked at it and said ,"My boy!" Apparently "her boy" was the Pinocchio guy from Shrek. She loves him because when you press his nose he says, "I'll never be a real boy!" She says it with him and it is the funniest!

The other funny that happened that day was when Shane went to change Delphia before we headed home. He took her pants off and said, "Where did this diaper come from." At that moment I knew my dad had put a size 1 diaper on her. It was one that Shane had put in the diaper bag to try on Josie as she is still in newborns. My dad saw that it was bigger than the ones it was in the pile with, figured it was hers and put it on her. I was amazed it fit her and couldn't stop laughing as my dad has changed her before and should have known it was smaller that the 4's she normally wears!

We also took a updated picture of Josie and Eli. They were so cute together. We were all standing over them taking pictures. I should have taken a picture. They were probably wondering what we were doing.

No comments:

Followers