Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pony Express Days Parade

One of the highlights during the year in Eagle Mountain for us is the parade during Pony Express Days. Delphia had been talking about it for awhile about how she wasn't going to be scared and that she liked firetrucks and 4-wheelers.

She didn't want her hair done that morning but hates her hair in her face. I had her put her hat on but it didn't stay on too long.





Josie just sat in her car seat and slept almost the whole parade except for one bottle.



Delphia was funny because she stood and got candy for a couple minutes but then she was done and just wanted to sit in the chair with me. I kept trying to talk her into going by Shane to get candy or I would say, "Phia go stand by dad so you can see the float." She would just tell me that she could see it. I guess she felt safe in the chair.

When some royalty went by her cousin Ruby told them she hoped they found someone to marry and Delphia my little cautious bug told them to be careful! Silly girl!

After the parade we went to the park and had a picnic of hot dogs and delicious doughnuts! Everyone had stuff to do. My mom wanted to get home to my dad and Ash needed to get stuff ready for Eli's blessing the next day. The girls didn't have much time to play so we stayed with Phia and let her play awhile.












She has this thing about taking turns and no one can do certain things like climb up the stairs or ladders until she is done and then it is their turn.

We ended up going to Salt Lake because Shane broke his phone in half after sliding with Delphia. Three hours later he tad T-Mobile on an old Blackberry of my dad's, I had a new skirt pattern for Delphia and was ready to be home!

When we got home Delphia told us that Monkey was going to Grandma's and was buckled in and ready to go.

No comments:

Followers